Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Saturday 24 September 2011

A beautiful day


Today has been just glorious with WARM sunshine, and NO wind!  There were a couple of very brief showers but nothing to bother about. I spent the entire day in the garden and had a lovely time. I dug over part of the veggie bed ready for a seaweed mulch. Then I dug up some more tatties (potatoes) and harvested almost the last of the broad beans. The latter are now "blanched" and in the freezer - last year I gave a lot away but then I regretted that in February when I ran out of my own supply. So this year I'm being selfish!

Above is this evening's sun setting above the Hoy hills (just after 7pm) and below is some late afternoon sunshine over Sandside bay, taken from just outside my garden.



Tatties drying after washing the soil off, ready for storing.



Broad beans - and of course Button has to get in the picture!  She's desperately trying to look cute as she clearly thinks *she* is more interesting a subject for a photo than a bucket of beans......




3 comments:

  1. Your blog is interesting, has left a great impression.
    Best wishes
    Jonas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its fab, the corners of the
    world, that your blog gets to.
    Just shows how good it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonas - welcome to Graemsay and thank you for your kind comments.

    Pat - I just love the people I "meet" here on my blog! Such a range of folk, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete