Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Sunday 8 June 2014

Chick Flick



The wee chick that hatched out a few weeks ago is doing well. She (well I'm being optimistic as I have no idea whether it will be a hen or a cockerel!) is now getting a few feathers.  This short video was taken last weekend and shows Mother Hen telling her wee chick to stop running around and eat breakfast!


8 comments:

  1. Your video reminded me of an expression we have here in Texas, "You beat a hen a'peckin'!" -- a mild reproof typically aimed at somebody bustling about "tidying up" and being a nuisance in the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee yes that's very true I think having watched my hens!

      Delete
  2. Oh how sweet! I loved the quiet sound of contented clucking. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it very therapeutic listening to my hens when they are so contended.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is a cutie. Though it's growing quickly now and has quite a few feathers. Fingers crossed it's a hen....

      Delete
  4. Love the 'chick flick'; that title caught my eye, lol....
    There is nothing like new life to bring a smile to our faces!
    Sherri-Ellen & Nylablue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I'm loving all the wee baby birdies around at the moment. There are some baby swallows being taught to fly from the roof nearby. Heart-in-mouth time as I watch them!

    ReplyDelete