Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Tuesday 31 October 2017

RNLI Longhope Lifeboat Travelling Bazaar!



It's all go at this time of year!  On Sunday we had the RNLI Longhope Lifeboat visit on Sunday with their "Travelling Bazaar".  They have been visiting for a few years now and we try and give them a good welcome.




Coming alongside the pier....




And here is Hector, the lifeboat dog! 


Hoping for a biscuit from his humans.....


Meanwhile coming up the Flow was the Hamnavoe ferry, taking a calmer route after the gales of previous days.


And a creel boat inshore by Graemsay....


Then it was up to the hall where the Ladies Guild set up the tables with raffle prizes, tombola, and sale items.  I bought my Christmas cards!  And lots of raffle tickets. I won some biscuits and a bottle of wine.  And a real delicacy - hand dived scallops.  Unfortunately I'm allergic to them!! Arrgh!  So I handed them back and suggested they auctioned them!!


And then there was Hector!  With Angus his person, and Paula his other person in the background.... and with GIN!


There was tea, coffee and home bakes for everyone of course - this IS Graemsay!  Most of the island folk came along and I heard yesterday that we raised £391.60.  A fantastic amount for such a small community, though I do say so myself!  And a great afternoon was had by all.....

2 comments:

  1. Looks like great fun and an amazing amount of money raised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This wee community continues to take my breath away!

      Delete