Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Storm Ophelia


I'm pleased to say she passed us by.  Not even an Orkney gale.  It's a bit breezy out but nothing out of the ordinary for October.  So all is well and Button and I did not have a disturbed night!  Button even went out hunting.....

We were lucky, in many other parts of the UK and Ireland there has been loss of life and a lot of damage.  The power of nature is awesome and, in this day and age when we sometimes thing we can control everything, is shocking. My heart goes out to those affected.

2 comments:

  1. It passed us by too, although windy so for that I am thankful and like you my heart goes out to all those affected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you escaped unscathed. Some of the pictures taken further down in Scotland looked quite grim.

      Delete